In this episode, Simon Burall, Senior Associate with Involve (UK), explores the institutional arrangements that might effectively bring the public into important decisions about science and technological innovation. This is less about how to facilitate a public deliberation and more about the creation of a deliberative system by effectively combining public dialogue and public deliberation elements.
- Nuffield Council of Bioethics
- Simon Burall’s “Room for a View: Democracy as a Deliberative System“
- Deliberative Systems Thinking (citing John Dryzek’s work)
- Steven Lukes – Power: A Radical View
- Ortwin Renn et al (1993) “Public Participation in decision making: A three-step procedure“
- Goulburn Valley Water’s Annual Performance Forum